Real Review From Stella ^_^
posting ini dari http://www.stellalee.net yang salah satu Top Beauty Blogger Indonesia
Sunday, April 12, 2015
The reason why I hardly blog and took picture ever since is because I had to recover from the surgery
I don’t want to say I encourage plastic surgery, this is just my personal choice. It is like saying if I dye my hair purple then I want everyone to have purple hair too. It is simply just for me only. If you wish to do so, go ahead. If you’re satisfied with what you have, go ahead
There are these things that you have to know first before you judge me though :
- I didn’t do plastic surgery recklessly. I was given opportunities to have free surgery even around 2 years ago by MANY well-known clinics. However, I had to think thoroughly about it because plastic surgery is a big matter, at least for me. There can be many pros and cons regarding it and I even had thought about just paying it on my own cos I don’t want to be seen as encouraging youth to do surgery. However I believe that youth are pretty smart now and can select informations, and I will just think of my happiness in the end. I decided to go with Grand Plastic Surgery because it is one of the most well-established one and located in Gangnam Area too, a super popular district for plastic surgery in Korea
- Also, I prefer to at least live honestly and admit that I do surgery instead of lying to my readers. Paying for my own surgery in Indonesia or Thailand can be done secretly, however I don’t want people talk about me just to question whether I do plastic surgery or no. If I do, I say I do. If I do not, I say I do not. However I believe that plastic surgery in Indonesia is still not open yet. Most of them only tell their family and secretive towards friend even lover because of the stigma, so it is back again to individual’s personality whether they want to admit it or not. Everyone has their own condition
- I wouldn’t like if I had people saying “oh Stella is only pretty after surgery”. There are 3 things that I believe are the keys for beautiful appearances besides genetics, those are things that I treat regularly (skincare / treatment / nutrient foods / gym / etc), Make up, and after that Plastic Surgery. I might not be a natural beauty but I am working on it through these 3 things and if somebody says I am pretty just because I do plastic surgery. Seriously, there are far more other things that say somebody are beautiful in appearance besides surgery alone. I seriously still think I need to put on skincare and make up :<
- I receive permission from both of my parents. Half of my big families had done procedures before [although none of my parents did] so it’s not strange for us. Mom said when I was younger when I wanted to enhance my features, she wouldn’t oppose it. Anyhow, that’s kinda strange since mom allows me for surgery but she never allows me to dye my hair blonde LOL
- I do nose surgery [rhinoplasty] not because I am trying to be caucasian. Having tall straight nose is not caucasian trait, even from thousand years ago the beautiful women’s traits from Chinese / Japanese / Indonesian / other countries are big eyes, tall straight nose, clear face, and so on. I want taller nose so I look better on side profile, more 3-Dimentional and structured
- I am a Catholic. Before my big decision, I was consulting to many many friends of mine, including some priests and elder-Christian-Brother kinda things for a year and more. I just knew too from them that neither Christian nor Catholic are against plastic surgery, but they didn’t encourage it either. They’re asking the reasons behind it and whether we’re good persons or bad persons, it is not determined by that alone. So, if somebody says that by having plastic surgery will get me into hell, then let God judges me in the end. I had dozens of reasons to talk about my reasons but let my church friends and God knew it only since I don’t want to make this blog post more about religion. I heard from my best friend who’s Muslim [Anggy] that in Islam it’s forbidden to do so. Things like hair extension using human hair, eyebrow tattoo, and such too are against their law. So if you’re Islam and you don’t want to go against your law, don’t do it. Do what makes you feel happy and not guilty. I do not say my religion saying that my action is what people should follow, but there are other things to reconstruct about myself instead of just taking my plastic surgery action into a list. If you want to do plastic surgery and you have religion, consult with your priest / ustad / others about it. Religion is very difficult subject and I am not very knowledgeable about it, so since all of us are not saint either, let’s not bring God to bring me down either, shall we?
It will be a long and tough post, but this a real thing and a part of me
Then I went back for my last dinner before my surgery the next day. I also had to fast 6 hours before the surgery, but I already stopped eating by midnight
I did my surgery with Dr. Rhee Se Whan who is their best doctor at Grand! We met before to talk about my nose before I was moved to surgery room
When I was on surgery bed I was clearly scared and had to hold hands of Grand’s staff. I AM FREAKING CHICKEN WITH BLOOD, DOCTORS, MEDICINE, HOSPITAL, AND NEVER IN MY LIFE I WAS HOSPITALISED. Everytime I go to hospital usually it’s only to visit relatives hospitalised, or just normal check up la. I am a perfectly healthy kid and I even feel pain with needles why I must go through this :”(
What if I die? What if the result looks bad later? What if I look like Michael Jackson later?
Do I need this? Cant I just stay pesek forever?
When I was thinking about all those stuffs, I dozed off and remembered nothing (-_______-)
Later when I woke up my whole face was swollen and my whole body was powerless from the anaesthesia. The surgery was only 1,5 – 2 hours. Only 1 hour for nose and half an hour for chin surgery. Wtf la even the length is only around facial time o.O
However I woke up from anaesthesia around 2 p.m and they said I woke up pretty fast compared to the others
However I still couldn’t chew or open my mouth to big, so I was incapable of eating solid food. Moreover, my eating progress was pretty slow like a baby
I went out from lunch-night for shopping at Myeongdong and Ewha and the people moved away from me, giving me space as they saw my swollen after surgery face. Out of my expectation, the Korean are pretty considerate for people doing surgery as they don’t really stare at me. They neither walked too close with me and such, while mom and I were ready to fight against any trouble coming with us, which was exhausting and silly to do it alone LOL
Not much difference with Day 4 but I had mental breakdown where I felt awful when looking at the mirror. I usually find myself normal looking, and would look good when I put make up on. I looked shit, bumpy, swollen, pale, and face was wrapped with all the bandages and I couldn’t eat properlyMom and I went around Seoul for days and I hardly could take pictures with proper face because I was expressionless and ugly. I knew that there are some steps before I can be normal-looking again but I almost broke down. Luckily all of my friends whom knew about my purpose in Korea was pretty supportive. They don’t scare me but instead wish me a good and speed recovery although I know that they don’t like surgery.
But anyway, was pretty happy cos I think the shape was nice and obvious already! Flied back to Bali for a job after lunch!
Went to Bali for trip and still super swollen. I really thought myself as Avatar, just lack of blue skin
BTW I already put make up on to cover up the bruise and such but it’s still very obvious T_T
Freaking disappointed cos no amount of make up can make me look decent
Doctor said that my bruise was kinda bad, but my skin is very sensitive and easily bruised. Even if somebody pinches me lightly I would get red skin, so I guess it’s understandable
Still swollen as you can see. Gave up on putting too much make up on this day unlike Day 8, cos I won’t be decent either for selfie T_T
At certain angles, I could cover up the swollen part. This is in fact was also the first time I put my face online after surgery for Instagram. A few people commented that there’s something different with my face, but I am kinda glad that nobody caught me yet for going under knife lol
Btw, Reasons I want to hide the surgery before this blog post up are :
1. I want to test whether it is possible for people to go surgery without anyone notice
2. I want to test if it is possible for people to lie about surgery, which is easy la, just snap some pictures before surgery and post it the day after and after as if it’s that day’s pic
3. I want to check how much I change after surgery, and how obvious it is in public eye
4. Surgery takes a long time to heal and it will be swollen for around a month. However most of the people think after surgery you’ll be instantly pretty like SNSD. It is not. I don’t want people to only leave comments like “you’re better before surgery” and such when in fact the result is not out yet. Bad response is not healthy for my mental state as well cos I know I was ugly at that point
Slowly getting better, going back to Jakarta today
At Soekarno Hatta airport, a few people whispered about me to each other and said “oplas oplas”
Gotta say that they thought my surgery was failed cos I looked fucking weird and bruise all over face lol
Become a stay-in-home-daughter
I don’t really want to go out before I recover, so I mostly work from home for a few days and just watched dramas 😡
Also I couldn’t wait for the recovery too long cos I wanna get back to work fast
I purchased Pien Tze Huang which is a Chinese medicine for reducing bruise fast. Mom said she got this after childbirth and I felt awkward drinking the same medicine that my mom had taken when giving birth.. Also the medicine was super expensive. 1 pill for Rp 750.000 but they tumbuk it and made it into 6 pills instead T_T
Pien Tze Huang has taken effect. My bruise got better faster I think. Drank it once a day
Went out to remove internal stitches inside my mouth [for chin surgery] and inside my nose at hospital but normal doctor couldn’t do it so I rebooked it to the day after at plastic surgeon 😡
I noticed that my under eye bruise is almost invisible already!
Removed all the stitches. I am someone who can’t handle even a slight pain, but usually I always bear it in the name of beauty. My plastic surgery didnt pain me but the after care is, cos during surgery I passed out la. When removed the stitches inside my mouth, it was freakinggggg painful and it was bleeding. I was crying spontaneously bcos of the pain and thought to myself “why I let myself undergo such pain??”
Emo much T_______T
Saturday night I went out with my high school friends for dinner + bar. I didnt bother to put any make up whenever I went out with my school friends usually. My circle knew that I did it and when they saw me they said I looked freaking different O.O
To be honest, I don’t even think I look that different… Maybe it’s because I had super bruised-swollen face before so I only saw myself getting better and better each day? How about you guys? Do you think I look super different on Day 16 from my previous face?
However surprised things happen. When we were at a bar for night-out drinking we met a group of male classmates so we caught up all night long. However NONE of them could tell that I had surgery LOL Well okay la one guy in fact said why I looked different but the rest just said to him “maybe make up”
My group and I were laughing secretly cos they couldn’t tell at all!
But there are 2 big reasons I think why they couldn’t tell
1. It was dark at the bar
2. They’re “male” . .
Nothing special today, just went to church and family dinner at mall afterwards
However surprised things happened again, it seems like fate wants me to test my surgery to a lot of people since I accidentally bumped into my junior high school friend! This time it is a woman! LOL
And she was recognising me too so I won’t say that I look unrecognisable la after surgery. She just again said that I looked somewhat different and skinnier LOL I don’t know if being recognized after plastic surgery is a good thing or bad thing though
Last day drinking Pien Tze Huang. I think it helps my recovery faster but I have no more money to spend for just medicine so let’s stop here lol
Got flu today and I thought I almost died
Mom scolded me since I slept abruptly. In fact I had to sleep straight for the whole month but my sleeping posture is not good, and add sickness. She’s afraid that my nose won’t be straight and I was panic too ><
But in fact I already couldn’t sleep properly for the last 18 days!! T___T
Cos I was sick I didnt bother to take out my camera and just used my phone ._.;
Still sick and my nose was running too. It is very tough to have nose running post-surgery since I couldn’t blow my nose
I had to clean my nose with Q-Tip little by little T_T I also sneezed a lot and to make sure the implant didnt go to weird direction and the alar didnt expand, I had to press my nose in certain way to keep it in place. Nightmare..
Make sure to take care of your health if you do this otherwise you’ll suffer
Supposed to go out for an event but I was still on bed and hardly could drive
My runny nose was getting worse and I sneezed uncontrollably and I was afraid that it would ruin the implant T____T
Anyway I saw that the shape is about to be ready to be presented, however I still could feel some swollen part on the upper side of nose and my alar
Still dying on my bed. Nothing changed much on the face
Out for Hachiko Meeting and just did my eyebrow, by the time I came back home and took the picture, half of my eyebrows had gone LOL. My business partners said that I look so different!!! Ok everyone’s comments are different I don’t know why 😦
But they said that it’s done my face pretty good and they can’t wait for my final result
They mentioned that my chin is not very obvious but it is clearly giving result to my overall balance. I used to look kinda childish with round-square face but now since it’s more oval, I look more mature
Not much difference between the progress of the last week, but I had a panic attack today as my mom was like “is your nose slanted?” Then I was shocked! Turns out I guess it’s just the uneven bruising / swelling on top of my nose bridge
Gotta keep reminding myself that the swelling is not over and the final look is not settled yet
However I imagine once the glabella and nose tip’s swollen reduced in the next months, I would look much better. Even in fact today I feel I am prettier lol
Today I also met with a 10 years long friend of mine to print new version of Starry Light since he owns a printing factory. Not sure if it’s HE or the surgery is normal already, he didnt notice a single thing but still talked about how his dad saw me on TV LOL
From this day I think the progress went slower but I could already see how the nose and chin settled..
Since then I stopped taking pictures daily as there’s not much progress, but this is how it looks like within the next few days
The before pictures were taken before my surgery and I think it’s the last one with full make up so it really shows how different it is
For those of you who want to do surgery, please make sure to get credible clinics and do a lot of research beforehand. Also I recommend if you go there during winter because the cold weather would help your recovery! I went there during end of February and it’s mostly between -5 to 5 celsius and my face felt very comfortable when I was outside
I also loved the companion of my mom. She helped me doing many things. I couldn’t look down because of the surgery and so things like toilet, shower, wear clothes and shoes, and other basic activities are very difficult for me. Besides I had to be careful about everything to make sure my face was safe. It’s better to have someone with you there to help you!
Also having mental support from friends is essential, and the compliments that I got from my friends are all good! None of my friends talk bad about me, and I might be blessed to have them. Although believe me, almost none of them in fact want to do surgery, but they still don’t bring me down because I do things that they don’t. Let’s respect each other’s choices ❤
Ok so that’s all about my surgery and a month recovery
However this is still not a final result yet, because it will reach natural result within the next 3-6 months, so I will blog again about it later
So tell me, how many of you get a hint or feeling that I did surgery in Korea?
What do you guys think?
I know 50% of you would be against it or hate me doing it, especially I think this is the first time Indonesian Blogger to be fully open and blog about a plastic surgery so I bet there must be a quite culture shock
However I notice that doing any surgery won’t make me any less or more different than before. Well true, I get slightly prettier on the appearance thanks to it, however the inside is still the same 😡
Also I know that plastic surgery information in Indonesia is limited and many would love to do it but lack of informations, so that’s why I hope you learn something from my surgery experience
If you have any question, just leave it on the comment below and I’ll do my best to reply it!